Hac Heddlu - Rural Crime Hack

Details below are from MSparc’s event page: Check in there for updates….

Rural Crime
Rural crime costs the economy over £57 Million a year in the UK alone! What if we could put an end to this?
The easiest way to fight crime is to prevent it happening at all, so we’ve teamed up with North Wales Police to bring you - the Rural Crime Hack!

What’s the problem?
These are three problems which occur regularly.

Quad Bike Theft
Breaking into Outbuildings
Theft of outboard motors 

What do we need?

We are looking for three solutions.
What we want is a device that can prevent the crime , or can alert the farmer that a crime is currently taking place.
Please don’t suggest a product that already exists, we know of many but none to date have been effective enough.
It’s important that we find a solution that can be produced cheaply, and is easy to use !
If you’ve got any questions regarding your ideas before you sign up, emailPC Dewi Evans

How do I join in?

Attend the event on Friday the 16th of October, by signing up here! You can also attend just to watch, using that same link.

You’ll have 2 minutes to pitch your idea or solution to us. Note - if you’ve more than one idea, for example a device to prevent quad bike theft, and a widget to let people know an outboard motor is being tampered with, then you get 2 minutes for each pitch.

You can present as a company, or just as an individual with an idea.

What’s in it for me?

The chance to fight crime, of course! But more than that, we’ve a cash prize of £3,250 up for grabs.
Thanks to M-SParc, North Wales Police, Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner, PACT, FUW a NFU for the funding.

You can also download a badge, which you can share on social media to let people know you’re taking part.

Will I get the prize on the day?

We will decide which ideas we want to work with on the day, and the winners will be invited for further discussions. We’ll work with you to see how feasible the idea is, and discuss funding the project.

1 Like